Thursday, December 13, 2007

Busy--Going to Be Out of Town

Hey. I'm in the middle of the last part of interviewing, which means I'm crazy busy. I'm trying to get transcriptions of the interviews I've already recorded, translate the transcriptions, and talk to the last few people I need to in order to get the fullest pictuer possible of what is happening here.

I'll be in Yssyk Kol this weekend for a few more interviews. I go down to the southern provinces on the 24th of December. I plan to get about 20 interviews in Osh, Jalalabad and Isfana over a 10-day period or so. I'm not sure how long I'll be down there. It all depends on how quicky I can get the interviews. I have to take into account that I will be there over New Years, which means the majority of people will be drunk (and therefore un-interviewable) for a 5-6 day window.

I'll try to post something next week, but I cant' make any promises. Then I'll be off the map for two weeks or so. I'll start posting regularly again in January.

Happy Holidays!

No comments: